Screenshots of CmapTools
CmapTools Editor's Review
Cmap Tools is a powerful software package that allows you to create "mind maps" or concept maps -- graphical representations of interrelated data, items or abstract concepts. A concept map consists of "bubbles", each containing a specific item, with each bubble connected to related concepts by a line. Concept maps can be very useful for teaching; they also make an excellent planning strategy. They're ideal for many different situations -- great for groups and organizations and also perfect for individual planning, project development and decision making. Whether you're introducing a subject to a class of young children, coming up with a new product, organising lecture notes, deciding on the decor for your home or writing a novel, concept maps offer a way of structuring information so as to aid comprehension and inspire new ideas.
Cmap Tools gives you everything you need to translate your idea, approach or topic into a graphical format that's easy to understand. The software comes with pre-made graphics templates, tools for drawing, editing, linking and adding concepts. This versatile software is suitable for virtually any organisation -- schools, universities, large and small businesses, and charities. Cmap tools has powerful sharing and collaborative features. You can synchronize maps, allowing a group of maps to be edited at the same time. You can link maps together and share maps you've made with others. Cmap Tools lets you export your completed maps in web format, ready to upload onto the Internet. You can also distribute maps made with Cmap Tools via Cmap Servers.
Cmap Tools is free for everyone to download and use, regardless of whether the use is commercial or non-commercial. You can install the software on as many computers as you like and share it with whoever you want.
Pro's: Powerful, versatile, free.
Con's: May not be suitable for less visually-oriented people.
Conclusion: Cmap Tools is an excellent system for analysing and representing information in graphical form.
CmapTools Publisher's Description
The IHMC CmapTools program empowers users to construct, navigate, share and criticize knowledge models represented as concept maps. It allows users to, among many other features, construct their Cmaps in their personal computer, share them on servers (CmapServers) anywhere on the Internet, link their Cmaps to other Cmaps on servers, automatically create...Read more
What's New in Version 6.02 of CmapTools
- New Feature, Templates: a simpler way to handle styles than Named Styles, you can give a name to the style of your currently opened Cmap and then assign it as your default style, or you can select from predefined styles. Right click on a template to set it as the default for all new Cmaps
- New Feature, Group as Stack: will take a group of nodes and stack them one on top of the other (useful to list examples). The order in which they are selected determines the order of the sack.
- New, use the mouse's wheel to zoon in and out of a Cmap.
- New, use shortcuts B, I and U for Bold, Underline and Italics.
- Adds support for the new Force Inheritance permission in CmapServers.
- Fixes an issue with the resource viewer window.
- History tab now lists up to 100 entries.
- Changes the Edit Locked menu entry shortcut to -K. Was -L, the same as Autolayout.
- Simplifies the Typical Installation process by not requiring the destination folder.
Look for Similar Items by Category